[sections collapse=”always”] [section title=”Welding and fabrication”]
This programme is designed to produce skilled craftsmen with good knowledge of the application of the equipment, materials, techniques and safety practices in Fabrication and Welding of metal projects.
On completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Carry out gas welding and cutting jobs on all types of metals.
- Produce simple finished structural steel work projects with safety, using relevant equipment and techniques.
- Apply protective wetting against corrosion on finished metal projects.
- Market finished metal projects.
[section title=”Block laying and concreting”]
The NTNU CELL Institute in Block-laying and Concreting is aimed at producing skilled and self-reliant craftsmen that can execute and coordinate Block-laying and Concreting work in a construction project.
On completion of this programme, the trainee craftsmen should be able to:
- Read and interpret building construction drawings.
- Apply basic safety principles of construction procedures
- Apply basic safety principles of contracture procedures.
- Identify block laying and concreting materials and their uses.
- Produce sound reinforced and mass concrete structures to specify callous.
- State the materials used for finishing and their applications in constructor works.
- Supervise simple construction projects.
- Set up subcontract business in Block-laying and Concreting works.
- Demonstrate basic principles of site organization.
The minimum entry qualification into the National Vocational Certificate in Fabrication and Welding programme is Post basic Education Certificate (Post JSS)
[section title=”Furniture Making and Upholstery”]
Produce competent hands with good knowledge and practical skills for a successful career in furniture making and upholstery.
A product of NTNU CELL in Furniture making and upholstery should be able to:
- Understand the general and specific techniques in Furniture making and upholstery.
- Construct and erect different types of furniture
- Draw and interpret constructional drawings relative to Furniture making.
- Apply portable hand and machine tools to process wood, wood products and metal in furniture making e) Work as a skilled furniture maker, either in Self-employment or in paid employment.[/section][section title=”Refrigeration and Air condition”]
At NTNU CELL Institute the participants will fully enlighten about the reviewing blueprints, installing air conditioning systems, testing systems for proper functioning, performing emergency repairs, maintaining tools, ordering supplies, and making routine adjustments to maximize operational efficiency. After the completion of the programme.
- To produce skilled Trainee with good knowledge of the use of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning working equipment, materials, processes, procedures and safety practice.
- To equip the trainee with modern trends in Refrigeration and Air-conditioning especially as it affects the use of safe refrigerants and preservation of the environment.
- To equip the trainee with the knowledge and skill that will enable him carry out basic repairs and maintenance on domestic, commercial and transport refrigeration and air conditioning systems.[/section][section title=”Plumbing and fitting”]
This module is designed to provide the trainees with relevant workshop safety as it relates to the plumbing profession
On completion of this module trainees should be able to:
- Understand the role that safety plays in the construction industry.
- Understand the necessary safety procedures.
- Understand how unsafe acts and conditions causes accident and ways of handling them on site.
- Understand the use of firefighting equipment.
- Understand the application of first aid.[/section][section title=”Carpentry and joinery”]
Produce Competent hands with job knowledge and practical skills for a successful career in carpentry and joinery.
A product of NTNU CELL Institute in Carpentry and Joinery should be able to:
- Understand the general and specific techniques in Carpentry and Joinery.
- Construct and erect different types of roof model.
- Draw and interpret constructional drawings.
- Apply portable hand and machine tools to process wood and wood products.
- Design and construct floor, wall, and stair framing, including ladders and scaffolds.
- Construct and install Doors, Windows, Partitions and Cabinets.
- Work as a skilled Carpenter, either in Self-employment or in paid employment.[/section][section title=”Cosmetology and Beauty Therapy”]
The NTNU CELL Institute in Cosmetology and Beauty Therapy is designed to equip students with basic skills and knowledge necessary for a successful carrier in the Salon and Beauty Industry.
A certificate holder of this programme should be able to:
- Have a clear focus on the main aspects of modern Cosmetology carrier,
- Carry out a range of cosmetology and beauty therapy techniques,
- Carry out beauty therapy based on the understanding of human anatomy and physiology,
- Analyse and demonstrate a range of interpersonal skills required within the profession,
- Market the products and services of a beauty salon,
- Set up and manage a beauty Salon.[/section][section title=”Electrical installations and repair work”]
The goal of the NTNU CELL Institute in Electrical Installation and Repair work is to Produce Competent hands with job knowledge and practical skills for a successful career in electrical installation and repair work.
On completion of course, a graduate of NTNU CELL Institute in Electrical installation and Repair works should be able to:
- To carry out with expertise domestic and industrial electrical installation works.
- Detect and repair faults in domestic/industrial appliances.
- Carry out the various tests on new and existing electrical installation.
- Install and rewind electrical machines and other portable electrical devices.
- Interpret electrical working drawings and manuals.[/section][section title=”Hospitality”]
Hospitality studies at NTNU CELL Institute provide the learner with theoretical and practical skills to operate as a food preparation, food service or accommodation assistant in various hospitality establishments. This course integrates academic knowledge and theory with practical skills and values.
On completion of course, a graduate of NTNU CELL Institute in hospitality should be able to:
- To understand the concept of hospitality Generics
- The concept of Food Preparation
- Client Services and Human Relations
- Hospitality Services[/section][section title=”Horticulture”]
This programme will help the participant to gain adequate knowledge and skills to work with plants – from maintaining turf as a groundskeeper, to caring for plants as a gardener, to designing gardens and parks as a landscape artist.
- To provide students with knowledge of the skills to successfully propagate plants and to design an efficient and effective irrigation system.
- To introduce students to equipment used in horticulture and the practical skills required to operate and service everyday equipment. Students will also learn the importance of record-keeping and will develop the skills to record-keep effectively.
- To provide students with the knowledge and skills to identify and explain the physical characteristics of trees shrubs and climbers in amenity horticulture.
- To help students to be able to describe the formation of soil, the soil water properties of soil, the chemical and biological properties of soil, and how modifying soil properties can influence plant growth. Students learn how to identify soil-less growing media constituents, mix soil-less media, fill containers with media and dispose of unwanted media. Students will also learn the properties of growing media, the characteristics of soil-less growing media and soil as a growing medium.
- The students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of plant structures, functions and processes, describe plant tissue structures and functions, and how environmental factors affect plant processes, and to demonstrate knowledge of plant life cycles.
- To provide students with the knowledge and skills to identify and describe the life cycles of annuals herbaceous perennials, biennials and bulbs used in amenity horticulture. Students will be able to collect, label and present a range of these plants for use in amenity horticulture.
- To provide students with the knowledge and skills to identify and describe weeds and methods of prevention and control in amenity horticulture. It also provides students with the knowledge and skills to identify and describe plant pests, diseases and disorders and methods of prevention and control in amenity horticulture.
- To provides students at operator level with the necessary knowledge and skills to prepare and apply agro-chemicals safely, effectively and responsibly.[/section][/sections]