Terms and Conditions for Exhibitions in Nigerian Turkish Nile University
Unless otherwise provided, the terms:
- The Organizers means The Nigerian Turkish Nile University .b) The Trade Promotion Board (TPB) means the Board set up by the Nile University for the planning and management of its Trade Fairs and Exhibitions.
- Exhibitor means any company, partnership, firm, government, or individual to whom space is allocated for exhibiting products/goods, services at the Trade Fair including its employees, servants and agents.
- The Contract means the Agreement entered into between the Organizers and the Exhibitor for the allocation of exhibit Space/Stand/Pavilion to the Exhibitor on the Fair grounds.
- The Exhibit Space/Stand/Pavilion means the space stand or pavilion of stated dimensions/size allocated to each Exhibitor.
- The Trade Fair or “Fair” means the National, Regional, Specialized and Annual International Trade Fair organized by the Trade Promotion Board of the Nigerian Turkish Nile University.
- The Fair Grounds means the grounds on which the Fair is holding.
- The Exhibits means the products, goods, materials and/or services displayed or mounted by each Exhibitor for either sale or viewing or for patronage.
- NTNU” means The Nigerian Turkish Nile University.
- Marketing Agents means accredited Agents for marketing purposes only as independent operatives who should conform with the laid down regulatory conditions and terms including those in this document which are usually students of Nile University.
- Participant means exhibitors, paying (ticket) visitors, organizers, invited guests, trade fair officials and anyone lawfully holding the Organizers’ official I.D. Card.
- APPLICATION FOR PARTICIPATION
- Organizers shall only allocate space to exhibitors who have made full and complete payment for space booked as at the commencement of space allocation. Any space reservation booking made without necessary financial back-up will not be allocated.
- All applications for space for participation at the Trade Fair shall be made on the prescribed Application Form issued by the Organizers or as shown on the Organizers’ website.
- The completed Application Form shall be submitted together with full payment to the Organizers to qualify for allocation. Online payment and submission of application form are also allowed. Please visit our website – nileuniversity.edu.ng (Consultancy Servise)
- On signature by the appropriate parties and compliance with terms stated on the application form, the document becomes a binding contract between the parties.
- The Exhibitor shall not assign the contract to third parties without the express consent in writing of the Organizers.
- All Exhibitors shall be registered and given an EXHIBITION PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER or I.D. Card.
- ALLOCATION OF FAIR SPACE
- The Organizers shall allocate space/stand/pavilion to each Exhibitor in accordance with the Organizers’ sectoral classification of products/materials/ services. The Organizers reserve the right to allocate and re-allocate available space, size on the Fairgrounds entirely at the Organizers’ own discretion. Unilateral changing of allocated space or re-allocation of space by Exhibitors is not allowed. If this is done, the Organizers shall dismantle such stand and the defaulter shall pay the cost of dismantling.
- The Organizers reserve the right to change the allocation of any Exhibitor without being liable for damages or compensation if circumstances call for such change and/or if the Exhibitor failed to take possession of his space/stand within the prescribed period.
- Exhibitors must strictly adhere to the standard module of space booking of 4 m2 minimum and subsequent additions of 4m2 during payment. Bookings not in this module shall not be allowed.
- Exhibitors with prefabricated or special stands/pavilion or tents are to make available the dimension and areas of the tents at the time of payment to enable the Nile University put such into space allocation considerations.
- Exhibitors must ensure that original receipt of payment for space is always available in their pavilion and should be produced when demanded by the Organizers’ Monitoring Team.
- Exhibitors with special/additional service or utility requirements (e.g. water, electricity or any other special request) should indicate at the point of payment for planning purposes.
- Exhibitors with false information especially on services/materials or products grouping shall have his/her allocation disqualified.
- USE OF FAIR SPACE
- Exhibitors shall exhibit only the particular products goods or materials or product group or type stated on their Application Form already approved by the Organizers.
- Products, goods or materials which offend the local culture, religions or the standard public decency shall not be exhibited.
- Exhibitors must man their stands with competent personnel at all times during the duration of the Fair.
- Exhibition of good on walkways and corridors is strictly prohibited and any good displayed in these areas will be confiscated and will not be returned to the owners
- Hawking of goods under any guise is strictly prohibited and person caught in such act will be arrested and the good confiscated and will not be returned.
- SUB-LETTING OF FAIR SPACE
Exhibitors shall not sublet the space / stand / pavilion allocated to them to any third party either wholly or in part without the written consent of the organizers.
- DAMAGE / DEFACEMENT TO THE FAIR COMPLEX STRUCTURES / HALLS / PROPERTIES
Exhibitors shall be liable for any damage to any structure including the Halls, buildings and stands and shall not paint or otherwise deface or alter or affix anything to the floors, ceilings, pillars or walls without the prior written consent of the Organizers.
- CONSTRUCTION OF STANDS / PAVILIONS
The Fair Grounds shall be open to Exhibitors at a date fixed by the Organizers for the purpose of the construction of their Stands/Pavilions and the mounting of their various Exhibits, materials and products. All stands must conform to the prototype provided by the organizer.
- DISPOSAL OF PACKAGING MATERIALS
Exhibitors shall have the responsibility of disposing packaging materials in such a way and manner as shall not constitute a nuisance or obstruct the free movement of persons and traffic or disfigure or endanger the environment.
- HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
Exhibitors shall not keep in or on their stands or pavilions or any part of the Fair Grounds chemicals or materials of a toxic or hazardous nature.
- ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR
Exhibitors shall not engage in and shall not allow any part of their stands, pavilions or space allocated to them to be used for gambling, drinking, drug trafficking, wrestling, boxing, dancing or anti-social behaviors. The Organizers’ opinion must be sought and approval obtained in writing for proposed activities on the Fairgrounds which may offend the Fair Organizers and/or other exhibitors or visitors.
- NOISE POLLUTION
It is the belief of the organizers that noise pollution can be dangerous to both exhibitors and visitors alike. Use of public address system and music gadgets shall be limited to the exhibitor’s pavilion; the noise level must be contained within the four-walls of the exhibitor’s pavilion.
Any exhibitor who violates this term shall have his equipment confiscated.
- DISMANTLING OF STANDS/PAVILIONS
Exhibitors shall dismantle their Stands/Pavilions and vacate their allocated space not later than three (3) days after the closing of the Trade Fair. Failing which the stand will be dismantled by the Organizers and they shall be liable to pay the sum of $300 or N60,000 to the Organizers.
- METHOD OF PAYMENT
- All payments due to the Organizers for the allocation of space, charges for utilities and advertisements in the Trade Fair Catalogue shall be paid in full by Bank Drafts or Bank Certified Drafts made payable to the Nigerian Turkish Nile University
- Online payments can be made on the University’s website: nileuniversity.edu.ng
- Payments by Nigerian Exhibitors (Companies registered in Nigeria) or its accredited agents shall be made in Naira.
- Payments by all Foreign Exhibitors shall be made in US Dollars.
- Each Exhibitor shall pay the total cost of the space allocated to it immediately on advice.
- All invoices issued to Exhibitors must be settled immediately on receipt by such Exhibitor.
- WITHDRAWAL BY EXHIBITOR
Without prejudice to the rights and remedies of the Organizers in respect of any breach of Contract on the part of any Exhibitor, the Organizers may, at their discretion, allow such Exhibitor to withdraw from participation subject to the following conditions:
- The Exhibitor shall give to the Organizer written notice of his desire to withdraw from participation at the Trade Fair.
- If the said withdrawal is accepted, the Organizers shall convey their acceptance in writing to the affected Exhibitor.
- Such notification of acceptance of the withdrawal by the Organizers shall constitute the termination of the contractual relationship between the parties and furthermore the Exhibitor would be required to pay a penalty for such termination.
- The amount of such penalty shall be stated in the Organizers’ notification in (c) above and such amount shall be that proportion of the stand rental refundable as specified below:
Date of Receipt of Notice of Withdrawal Proportion of Payment Refundable
(i) Before one month ………..90%
(ii) Between 15 days…. 50%
(iii) On or after 15 days….…0% (Nil)
- BREACH OF CONTRACT BY EXHIBITOR
- In the event of default or failure on the part of the Exhibitor in observing or performing any of the provisions of the Contract or of the Terms and Conditions of this Prospectus, the Organizers shall have the right to terminate the Contract forthwith by notice in writing to such defaulting Exhibitor.
- In the event of such termination mentioned in (a) above all rentals paid by the defaulting Exhibitor shall be forfeited to the Organizers.
- The Exhibitor shall indemnify the Organizers against all cost, losses, damage or expenses (including any consequential loss or damage) incurred as a result of such failure or default.
- CHANGE OF VENUE
- The Organizers reserve the right to change the venue and duration of the Trade Fair if exceptional circumstances so demand and on due notification to the Exhibitors.
- In the event of such change as stated in a) above all contracts and/or other Agreements for participation shall remain in force and the Exhibitors shall not be entitled to any claim for damages or compensation for such change
- CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT OF TRADE FAIR
- The Organizers shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by any Exhibitor, Participant or Contractor or any other persons for the cancellation or postponement of the Trade Fair or the reduction of the advertised duration of the Fair as a result of:
(i) Force majeure
(ii) Acts of war, military activity, political /civil unrest, disturbances or riots.
(iii) Legislation by Federal, State, or Local Government Authority.
(iv) Fire, flood, tempest, excessively inclement weather, storms, earthquake.
(v) Damage caused by an aerial object or aircraft.
(vi) Strikes or lockouts by workmen.
- In the event of the cancellation or postponement of the Fair as a result of any or combination of the events stated above payments made by Exhibitors may be refunded by the Organizers subject to necessary deductions to cover processing and administrative costs and expenses incurred by the Organizers.
- CONSTRUCTION OF STANDS/ PAVILIONS BY EXHIBITORS
- Subject to approval, Exhibitors may be granted permission by the Organizers to construct, and set up their Stands/ Pavilions or schemes themselves provided they follow laid down procedures and designs as communicated from time to time by the Organizers.
- Before commencing such construction the Exhibitor must have a confirmed space allocation and must also submit the drawings for the proposed construction for necessary approval in writing by the Organizers or their designated agents.
- The Exhibitors shall be liable for any damage caused to neighboring or other Exhibitors, or the common property of Visitors by such Exhibitor or their servants or agents during such construction.
- The construction, furnishing and decoration of all stands/pavilions or shell scheme stands, must be completed by 5pm of previous day.
- Any Exhibitor whose constructed stand extends beyond the space paid for and approved for such Exhibitor, shall be liable to pay as penalty an amount equal to double the cost of such additional space.
- Exhibitors who construct stands using more space than the area paid for and allocated to them shall be surcharged for the additional space at the double the normal rate for such space. Contravention notice and debit notes shall be served on such organization and the Organizer shall seize the company’s property commensurate with the amount being owed as a guarantee for the payment of the stipulated fine. Upon service of contravention notice and debit notes for such surcharge. Contravening party would be expected to pay within a period of 48 hours, failure of which the organizer shall be free to dispose of the seized items.
- ACCREDITED SERVICE PROVIDERS
Only accredited service providers will be allowed to operate within the fair arena before, during and after the fair. This services include but not limited to provision and supply of furniture, mobile toilets, canopies and tents and generators.
- MOVEMENT OF EXHIBITS
- Exhibitors shall be responsible for the cost of transporting their Exhibits to the Fair grounds and shall also be responsible for the cost of dismantling and removing them at the conclusion of the Fair.
- Movement of vehicles and off-loading of Exhibits/goods shall not be allowed during the hours of the Fair (i.e. 8.30a.m. – 6p.m.) throughout the duration of the Fair.
- The removal of Exhibits/goods from the Fair grounds and the dismantling of stands/pavilions shall not be allowed on the day of the closing ceremonies of the Fair.
- The Exhibitors shall remove all Exhibits/goods from the Fairgrounds within three (3) days of the conclusion of the Fair failing which they shall be liable to indemnify the Organizers in the sum of One Hundred US Dollars ($100) per day or Fifteen Thousand Naira (N20,000) for everyday for which they are in breach of the period of grace.
- All reasonable security precautions shall be taken by the Organizers during the duration of the Fair for the safety and protection of Exhibitors and Visitors to the Fair.
- Exhibitors shall however be responsible for the security of their stands/pavilions exhibits and goods and the Organizers shall not be held liable for any loss, or theft or damage to such Exhibits/goods before, during, or after the Fair.
- In order to ensure adequate security for all persons, Exhibitors, Visitors and the Organizers, contractors and their agents, the driving of any vehicles within the Fair grounds, as well as the parking of vehicles on the Fairgrounds (except designated car parks) between the hours of 8.30am and 6pm daily throughout the duration of the Fair is not allowed.
- Persons who contravene the rule would have their vehicle towed and be liable to pay a fine of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) or US$25 for every hour that the vehicle remains on the fair grounds.
- Any security breach should be reported to the organizers or the police post on the fairground.
- USAGE OF PRIVATE ELECTRICITY GENERATOR
For the safety of all exhibitors and visitors, the use of private electricity generating sets by exhibitors is strictly prohibited. The Organizers shall provide electricity for the entire fair ground. If it becomes extremely necessary for any exhibitor to use its own private generator, such exhibitor must apply to the organizers in writing for approval of such a facility.
- FIRE REGULATIONS
- Materials used in stand and display construction must be properly fire-proofed in accordance with local regulations.
- Fire men shall patrol the Fair grounds and would be authorized to limit or stop any demonstration by any Exhibitor that in their estimation could be a potential fire hazard.
- All Exhibitors shall be required to provide Fire Extinguishers and other fire prevention equipment at their stands/pavilions
All Exhibitors shall maintain appropriate policy of insurance to cover their property, personnel, products, goods and equipment as well as their participation at the Trade Fair and shall indemnify the Organizers against all costs, claims, demands and expenses to which they may be subject as a result of any loss or damage, claim or injury occurring or arising to any persons, equipment, goods or structures however caused during the duration of the Fair. For this purpose the clause, “the duration of the fair” shall include the period before the actual official commencement of the fair, when stands, pavilions and structures are being erected and Exhibits mounted and the period after the official closing when Stands, Pavilions and all structures are being dismantled and Exhibits removed.
24a This Insurance Policy to be taken by Exhibitors shall cover risks associated with, amongst others, loss or damages suffered by Exhibitors and/or visitors from fire, flood, rainstorm, tempest, excessively inclement weather and failure of equipment and machinery (whether supplied by Exhibitors or Organizer) and other related unforeseen occurrences
25 PROHIBITED AND UNDESIRABLE EXHIBITS
- The Organizers absolutely prohibit the display or sale of the underlisted items during the Trade Fair:
(i) Explosives and inflammable materials.
(ii)Firearms and ammunitions
(iii) Radioactive products and materials
(iv) Wildlife and dangerous animals
(v) Pornographic or offensive materials
- Any Exhibitor wishing to use or demonstrate with petrol, fuel oil, paraffin, ethyl alcohol, acetylene, or any other combustible materials or operate any machine/equipment that may cause or is likely to cause explosions and/or fire outbreaks, shall be required to obtain the approval in writing of the Officials of the Nigeria Fire Brigade present on the Fair grounds.
- The Organizers may disallow any demonstration or display by any Exhibitor of any equipment or material, which in their opinion may cause offence.
- Demonstrations by Exhibitors with heavy moving machinery or equipment shall be undertaken only at agreed intervals as stipulated by the Organizers.
(i) Such demonstrations shall take place within an area safely protected by a wire fence and/or any other material as stipulated by the Organizers.
(ii) Exhibitors shall ensure that such heavy machinery and equipment are adequately and properly manned.
26 MOBILE EXHIBITORS/HAWKERS
- Mobile Exhibitors, Hawkers, Vagrants, itinerant traders, beggars etc. shall not be allowed within the Fair Grounds during the Trade Fair.
- Hawking of goods is prohibited within the Fair grounds.
- Such goods shall be confiscated.
27 SALE OF EXHIBITS
- Exhibitors may sell their Exhibits/Goods at the Fairgrounds subject to the Nigeria Customs Service Regulations and with the permission of the Organizers.
- The sale of Exhibits/goods shall be confined to each Exhibitor’s stand / Pavilion only.
28 IMPORTATION / RE-EXPORTATION OF EXHIBITS
- A list of Exhibits imported for the Fair must be prepared and shown to the Nigeria Customs Service at the point of entry.
- Exhibits/goods shall be re-exported within three (3) months from the end of the Trade Fair or it will be deemed that the goods have been sold and duty shall be paid.
- Duty shall be paid on any missing items not satisfactorily accounted for.
29. ENTRY TICKETS
Exhibitors shall be given entry passes as shown in , while others and visitors shall only be allowed entry into the fair arena with tickets paid for as follows:
- Single entry ticket – Nill
- Extra Exhibitors’ Car Sticker – N1,500 per car
29(a) Exhibitors are entitled to car stickers and exhibitor’s passes as outlined below:
|Space Car stickers Exhibitors’ passes Electricity|
|4m2 1 2 1 Lighting point|
|8m2 1 2 1 Lighting point|
|18m2-36m2 1 2 1 Lighting point|
|45m2-63m2 1 3 2 Lighting point|
|72m2-99m2 1 4 3 Lighting point|
|108m2-144m2 2 5 4 Lighting points|
- Additional request for passes should be made to the Ticket/gate passes Franchisee.
- Car Sticker admits the driver of a car and one other person into the general ground car park. Other passengers in the car passing through the official gate of the exhibition must possess an Entry Ticket/Gate Pass except for the official driver for VIPs or all passengers in a vehicle with VIP Gate Pass. All visitors should park their vehicles at the designated car parks.
30. SUPPLEMENTARY CLAUSES
The Organizers reserve the right as and when necessary to issue supplementary regulations in addition to those in each Contract made between the Exhibitors and the Organizers as well as Terms and Conditions for participation.
31. DISPUTES/DIFFERENCES AND INTERPRETATIONS
Any dispute, difference, or question which may arise between the Organizers and any Exhibitor touching upon the true construction of the Contract made between the parties and or these Terms and Conditions for Participation or the rights and liabilities of the parties shall be decided by the Trade Promotion Board of the Nigerian Turkish Nile University, the planners and managers of the Fair, and such decision shall be final. Similarly, for the purpose of interpretation of the foregoing Terms and Conditions/Individual clauses contained therein, the organizers’ interpretation shall be final.